Under-active thyroid, psoriasis, advise of avoiding iodine and antiseptic cream as it would cause anaphylactic shock. Right?

Hi. I am a 43 year old female who was found to have an underactive thyroid approximately 5 years ago after suffering from heavy prolonged periods and bouts of tiredness. I take 150 mcg of levothyroxine per day and this appears to be about the right level. I also suffer from psoriasis although this is contained to one area on the inside of my lower left leg and I am overweight but exercise regularly. I have been on a First Aid training course today where the trainer also has an underactive thyroid and has warned me that iodine and a certain antiseptic cream should not be used on me as it could cause me to have an anaphylactic shock. Is she right?
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013