Under active thyroid, excessively tired, pains in joints, muscles, calves. Treatment?

I have been diagnosed with an underactive thyroid 6 weeks ago. My appointment with the specialist is not for another 6 weeks. I have been overly tired and suffering with aches and pains in my joints and muscles. I decided to go for a jog but found I was stopping soon after I started to catch my breath. I also had very painful sharp shooting pains in my calves. Is exercising a good idea before I ve been treated with the correct medication?
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012