Uncircumcised, outgrowth of scar tissue on the frenulum of penis that regrows on wearing, not painful. Cause?

I am uncircumcised and I had started to develop scar tissue on the frenulum of my penis after it had been partially broken. It would start to heal but would break open again. It stopped bleeding and did not get sore too often but I noticed that after a while, bumpy tissue would start accumulating- almost like skin that would dry and chap- but theres absolutely no pain. This has started spreading downward. The tissue seems like its dead but cannot be taken off. It does not hurt at all and the nerves are normal in that part. The only thing that concerns me is its color, texture and the fact that it seems like its growing (it may just be me though). Looking into it I saw a few possibilities but the issue with STDs is that they typically present themselves with painful symptoms.
Asked On : Mon, 7 May 2012