Unbearable headaches after fitting marina coil, no relief with pain killers. Side effects of coil?

Hi Dr I had a Marina Coil fitted approx 12months ago. I have always suffered from bad headaches but in recent months the frequency and severety have increased to a point were they are unbearable and no pain reliefe seem to have any effect, they are becoming more debilatating, I find my memory and ability to concentrate are effected too. Could these be side effects of the coil? I hope you can help. Thank you Paula
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013
Welcome to HCM.
In some women headache is there during first month after insertion.
Headache usually not occurs with mirena coil after 12 months.
Try to find out the triggering factor of headache.
It might be due to stress,lack of proper sleep,heavy work load,beginning of migraine.
Check your blood pressure.
Take nsaid to subside the headache.
Start b12,calcium,folic acid,minerals supplement.
Start medications under guidance of your doctor.