Unbalanced walk, jerky movements in sleep. Family history of same from father s side. Advice

Name     :      Shameek Bose
Sex          :     Male
Age          :     40 yrs

For more than one year, I am facing a problem of coordination of muscles particularly while walking. I am getting disbalanced while I am walking or standing. The problem had surfaced more than a year back and as days are passing, it’s aggravating. I am losing the strength in my muscles and cannot carry weights comfortably. During my sleep I get jerky movements which are not under my control.

My father had almost the same symptoms and ultimately was not able to walk at all. My grandfather and grandmother on my father’s side were perfectly all right. All of my father’s family (3 uncles and 2 aunts) excepting one aunt had the same problem. My aunt who hasn’t had the disease is perfectly okay till date.

In the second generation some of them had the same problem but at a very early age. Rests of my cousin are doing fine.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013