Unable to walk. Done MRI, blood test, urinalysis and spinal tap. On steroid. Is it a neuro issue?

My husband started about the mid of august 2013 saying he could not walk, this resulted in being hospitalized 10 days . A tests ran came back negative, mri - c scan spinal tap, blood work uranalysis all negative. he was restrained at one point and completely incoherrent. steriod drip improved him dramatically he was released labor day. Within one week symtons reemerging, back to a different hospital , tests ran again released 1 week later. His physical therapist was shocked and deeply concerned as I have been through out. Two hospitals and all I hear is tests are.negative. If those tests were negative and he continues to get worse something is very, very wrong. The only help and concern are the home health physical therapist and speech therapist and RN. All medical stays and doctors are in Beaumont TX. I believe Houston Methodist Neuro is next. I do not know which neuro doctor is best. thank you.....Mrs. L.A. McCullough
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013