Unable to stretch leg, front splits after left leg cracked loud during cheerleading practice. What went wrong?

hi so about 2 weeks ago at cheerleading practice I Was doing stretches and theres this one whare you sit down legs apart in a V shape and your partner is the same . You then take tyrnes pullins each othrr into the front splits . I could always go all the way down so I told my friend to keep me there but then my left lecracked 3 loud times and ever sence then I cant do it no more and I cant do front splits and stretch that lrg anymore . What do you think went wrong ? What can I do ? Help please & thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Jun 2012