Unable to speak properly, throat problems. Endoscopy detected vocal cord tumours. Surgery necessary?

my father is suffering from throat problem.he can t speak properly.we did endoscopy then there shows 2 small tumors in the vacal aord part.dr.said to operate as soon as possible .my father is 52.please suggest me what should i do.if operation is nessesary then when i can get the proper treatment .and how much it be charges
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query regarding two small tumors on vocal cords which unable your father to speak properly.

I am suspecting most likely your father is having vocal nodule on his vocal cords, if so than please don't worry these can be removed easily by Microlaryngeal surgery. This is an endoscopic surgery and can be managed in Day care clinics.

Whatever is inside after excision histopathological examination of excised tumor is necessary to know the nature of tumor (Benign or Malignant).

I hope you are now clear about proceedure. You have asked about expences this differ from place to place here at kanpur it cost about INR-Rs 25000/=