Unable to sleep at night, afraid about being unconscious. How to get rid of this fear?

Hello, I ve had this problem since I was about 7/8 (I m now 16). Sometimes when I go to bed, & I don t fall asleep immediately I think about sleep in general. It really frightens me kinda to think about it, cause, you re not really conscious are you? It s like your not alive. I m not scared about dying, I just don t like the fact that I m not aware, up & living. It may sound rather odd but I loose sleep because of it. If love to hear if there s anything I could do to help get rid of my fear Thanks
Asked On : Tue, 25 Dec 2012