Unable to run faster. Healthy diet, have abs. What is the reason?

I am not getting any faster and I really don't understand.. I've been running Cross Country and track for 2 years now and I'm still so slow.. idk why, am i just not built for running??

I am a 15 year old girl and i just don't understand why i am not getting faster because I actually am in shape and i also have abs.. my legs aren't that weak either, yet i have about a 16:01 two mile pace and my 1 mile pace is now 8:07, sadly.. in elementary school, i could run a mile in about 7:30 (although i know that is still slow)

I am also a vegetarian, so does it have something to do with that?? i have no idea anymore.. i run for practice and such..
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013
Sep 2013
Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum.
In race your pace is very slow , it is , when , you are a 15 years girl.
Vegetarian diet also contains protein , while non-veg also contains protein.
So the difference is not in the diet, but in the passion , zeal.
Dedication will improve your stamina ,which is at present very low.
1600 meters are in a mile .
2000 meter race , you should cover within 8 minutes , this is an ideal time.
Slowly increase the stamina and you will get success.
Good luck.