Unable to open the mouth completely

sir tell me what can i do for my mouth should not open properly because of my tobacco habits.
Asked On : Fri, 10 Jun 2011
Dentist 's  Response
First stop the habit. The condition could be oral submucous fibrosis. Intralesional steroid injections, Surgical excision of the fibrous bands and TMJ exercises can improve the mouth opening.

General & Family Physician Dr. Rajeshkant Saihgal's  Response
first of all stop your tobaco habit,take some multivitamin & multimineral tablet,wait & watch, most probably you will be able to open your mouth within six months.suppose you don't get relief,you may opt for surgery.

Dentist Dr. M.Karthikeyan's  Response
it is a pre cancerous condition known as oral submucous fibrosis u have to stop ur tobacco chewing and go to dentist for treatment they will be start the treatment u have to take antioxidants regularly and dentist will be giving injections in the fibrous bands

Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
Due to excessive smoking inside the mouth in early stages fibrous bands develop causing the mouth to be closed. This is called Oral submucous fibrosis. This could lead to cancer. STOP SMOKING. Visit the ENT Doctor and get it looked at immediately.