Unable to open left eyelid, no pain or redness. Causes and treatment?

My left eye became smaller than the other one. My left eyelid is not opened like the other. It looks the same like when you are getting up from sleeping and you can t open your eyes, but i have this problem on my left eye more than 5 months and sometimes is more opened, sometimes less. My doctor says that that s a normal thing, and he thinks that it s from sleeping, but I don t think that is normal because I ve never had this problem before. I also wear contact lenses , but I don t think that s the problem because I change them. I don t have pain and redness. Thanks
Asked On : Tue, 4 Dec 2012