Unable to move bottom lip, cant open mouth completely, Bells Palsy ?

About 6 days ago my bottom lip is unable to move partially in the direction down and back. As when I open my mouth wide the bottom left does not want to open wide like the right bottom side does. It still is covering my teeth . I did nothing to cause it, no hitting, scrtach, sickness, no pain , no stiffness , no bruising, no lumps or bumps in that area or near by. Nothing is swollen or hurts or out of the ordinary except I can t move it normally like I could a week ago? Is this a nerve or muscular problem? Bels Pasly? Or any insight on what it could be and should do?
Asked On : Sun, 11 Mar 2012

Hi there Tony. Thank you for posting your question with Healthcaremagic. I will do my best to help you.

This may well be Bell's palsy. If so you will need to go on steroids. The other possibility is a small CVA or stroke. It is a neurological problem and you need to see a doctor. Just ignoring it is not very wise.

I hope that I have answered your questions fully and been of some help. If you have anymore questions please contact me again anytime.

Dr Andrew Rynne.