Unable to lose weight. Cannot lift weights due to carpel tunnel surgery. History of thyroid problems. Treatment?

Im 48 & finding it hard to loose weight, I have a carple tunnel surgery on 25 January 2012, but advise by GP not to lift weights 10kgs & over. With no history of high blood pressure nor my thyroid gland is 100% as told by my GP, would you be able to respond to my querry of the above mention please. I would love to loose 20kgs but unable to maintain it. My current weight now is 84kgs. Thanks
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012