Unable to hear clearly. Hearing echoes. Have BP. Had ear pain. Related?

2 days ago, first noticed problems hearing clearly on cell phone. yesterday, during a meeting in a large audio unfriendly room, observed difficulty in understanding what was being said. No pain or discomfort. Today, post lunch, whatever my 8 year old son was saying was being heard twice - once directly, and once again at lower volume, about half a second later. I tried it with a finger inserted into the ear. Could still hear the echoes but at much lower volume. I think the problem is in my left ear only. I have a BP problem, for which I take Lisinopril 5 mg daily. BP is still slightly on the higher side, but I do not think this is due to BP. I remember a pain in my left ear some weeks ago, which came and went after a while. Perhaps the present problem is related to it. 17 February 2013.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013