Unable to get erections as earlier, want to have baby. Suggestions ?

Hi Dr Rajan Bhonsle I am married since last 3 years and have been experiencing something different since past 1.5 years. Earlier me and my wife used to have sex regularly but since past 1.5 years I do not feel erection when I am with her. To check if something is wrong with me, I consulted a Dr and as per his opinion, nothing in particular is wrong with me. I also tried to ensure by having sex with another women and was able to perform that properly ( though the erection was not the way I use to have some years back) I really dont know how to solve this, can you please help me or suggest some other professional for this particular problem who can help me. My email id is YYYY@YYYY , please help me out as I know want to have a baby.
Asked On : Wed, 29 Aug 2012
HIV AIDS Specialist 's  Response
Hai, Welcome to HCM.

You have not mentioned about your age.

Anyhow you have to certain facts about our sexual habits.
One's sexual erections will be instant,strong, frequent and lasting long during the age of 16-23 years.
After that you will not have such an erection in your life spontaneously, only with a lady or with drugs.

Likewise you will have frequent erections and an urge for sex within hours during your first few months of sex contact with your wife or other girls. It will slowly wean and you will get erections only after an interval of day, then days, then week, after weeks etc.
That is you got stimulated easily and frequently with first few months of your married life and then it needs more time to get stimulated, then only you will get erections. That is because initially you are fresher then you are accustomed. You will get stimulated with different girls faster than with your wife with whom you are used to. This common to almost everybody.

Ageing also another factor to get your hormones at a low tide. A sixty year man cannot be compared to a sixteen.
Anyhow this lower frequency of sex with your wife will not affect your fertility. Sex on alternate days or thrice in a week is sufficient for the sperm to meet ovum.
Don't get depressed. If your wife is not getting pregnant within another 6 months, You both meet your physician and get investigated.
Get your baby very soon.