Unable to eat, bad taste. Histroy of diverticulitis and colon surgery. Help

My name is Curtis and I was diagnosed with diverticulitis in 2008. I had to have 8 inches of my colon removed 10 days age. The surgeon removed the bad section of colon, put it back together and stapled my abdomen back up...the incision appears to be healing well. The problem is that while my surgery was 10 days ago...I still cannot stand to eat food. All foods taste horrible to me and sometimes getting a small amount of food and just looking at it makes me a little sick. Things like bread and such are the worst, it tastes awful when I eat it. It seems the sweeter something is though, the easier it is for me to choke it down real fast so that I dont die of starvation. How long should food taste so awful and when should I be back to eating normally again?
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013