Unable to do daily work on being upset. Worry about things. Why does it happen?

I feel down a lot, i ve noticed that over the past 15 years or so, when i experience upset, it feels like i shut down. i can t function, i just sit on my bed for hours and i dont know what happens to me. I feel as though i struggle to cope with every day things. i have to force myself to have a bath or even get out of bed. i wake up feeling anxious and i constantly worry about things. Please can you help me understand what is fgoing on with me?
Asked On : Mon, 21 May 2012