Unable to conceive. Can excesive masturbation effect family planning? Advised DNA test

I am a married person & three years have gone, but after having many inter courses my wife has not yet conceived. Pl let me know as what will be the reason i.d because of less SEMEN going inside or less food intake by both of us ? When we approached the gynecologist they told us to go for DNA test so what is a DNA test for me & for her doctor has given a GEL which she has to apply So is it because I used to masturbate & in this connection i want to know as whether due to this will this affect my family planning as i used to have sexual relationship with my wife but so far she has not become pregnant..
Asked On : Sun, 6 Jan 2013