Unable to achieve intercourse, partner has pain, lose erection. Normal?

Hi Doctor,
My age is 30 and am newly married. My Wife and me both have not done sex earlier and after marriage we tried for few times but i could not succeed penetrating in her vagina. We then used some lubic gel and i could do it. Now i can insert into her but have some pain while my penis enters into her vagina but once inside things are ok. I guess the initial pain is due to retraction of the forskin.

However because of this initial pain or may be the anticipation of pain. I lose my erection and am not able to have proper intercourse. Is this normal and things will be ok after some trials. We already have hit this condition 5-6 times. Please suggest.
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013