Umbilical hernia, discolored, unmovable belly button that pains on getting stuck. Want to start workout. Is it advisable?

I used to work at a warehouse and got an umbilical hernia , didn t feel any pain only noticed it because that night I felt the bump while I was taking a shower. This was about 1.5 years ago and still don t have any pain. I don t know when this happened but my belly button is discolored like its blackish, it almost looks like it s really dirty but it s not it s not, this is in my belly button not on the hernia bump. Also it doesn t move in and out, I read that means it s incarcerated but I also read you usually get pain when it s stuck.. Anyway I want to start working out which will require lifting heavy weights regularly including weighted sit-ups/crunches and I imagine that ll strain that area. I m worried about making it worse or if it s unsafe to do?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Jun 2012