Ultrasound shows retroverted uterus, punctate achodensities with some sonolucencies. Is this serious ?

Hi Im AAAAA I had an ultra scan and vagina scan 2days ago and recieved my results which is I have an Retroverted Uterus which measured 8.5 x 5.6 x 5.8 cm in dimension. Endometrial thickness 9.9 mm No polyp within. No discrete uterine.But there was evidance of punctate achodensities with some sonolucencies and acoustic shadowing producing some what Venetian blind effect and the appearances are thought to be consistent with adenomyosis . Ovaries measure 11.8 x 12.6 cc in volume on right and left side and contained follicles. there is an echodensity in the right ovary significance uncertain. There was no gross Hyperaemia ? haemorrhagic, possibly old standing. I was just wondering is this serios and will i need surgery I am a mother of 8 children. Thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 26 Nov 2012