Ultrasound shows myomatous myometrium, myoma distorting normal anatomy. Meaning?

i did my ultrasound for Transabdominal and transvaginal imaging of the pelvis . I m 49 years old. below is theresult of my test. Pls explain what does it mean? Uterus 12.8 x 16.8 x 12.1 cm. Diffusely heterogeneous and myomatous myometrium . Difficult to measure most of the myomas in 3 dimensions as these are quite ill-defined but the largest measures nearly 9 cm. These myomas distort the normal anatomy . The visualized portions of the endometrium are homogenous in echotexture without focal lesion, measuring a normal 4 mm in maximal thickness. Right ovary 2.1 x 1.8 x 1.4 cm. Appears normal Left ovary not seen. No adnexal masses. Thanks Devi
Asked On : Fri, 5 Oct 2012