Ultrasound shows intrauterine embryonic demise. Why did miscarriage occur?

Mam, my doctor tested me and confirmed through usg that the uterus is bulky and shows an irregularly lined gestational sac . Single embryo is seen without any movement or cadiac activity. Evidence of minimal sub-chorionic collection is seen. CRL measures 7 mm corresponds to 6 weeks 4 days of gestational age . Cervix is normal, Os is slightly opened. Both overies are normal. Impression: USG pregnancy reveals - evidence of intrauterine embryonic demise. So as per doctors advice today morning aborted in hospitals. medicines prescribed O2-1tab, aciloc 150-1tab, zitotec 200 - 2tabs, serase10-1tab. please advice why this miscarrige occurs, future difficulties, medicines to be taken, foods to be avoided for next pregnency & gap period for next pregnency, please advice.
Asked On : Wed, 31 Oct 2012