Ultrasound shows dominant follicle. Delayed period. What does it mean? Have pain in right side

Hi, I was having very bad abdominal pain and went to the hospital. They admitted me and after haveing a unltra sound, xrays, blood tests, a gastronoscopy and a colonoscopy they said I have IBS. In my ultra sound there was a dominant follicle and they didn t explain to me what it is. I am also 8 days late for my period and the surgeon couldn t tell me why. I am so confused as I am on medication and getting pain on my right side of my well what I think is my ovaries
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013