Ultrasound shows bulky uterus with thickened endometrium. Advised D&C. Suggestions?

Hi... My mom is 52 yrs and she had LMP on jan 2013(previous period was on oct 2012)...she din had any abnormal bleeding between period... bleeding always lasted for 3 or 4 days... She went to doc they performed ultrasound and the uterus is bulky with thickened endometrium of 14mm... No fluids detected and ovaries r normal... Now,doc has told to get d&c... i m totally worried... how many days will it take to get d&c report??
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013