Ultrasound shows anterior placenta during pregnancy. Is it a serious problem? What to do?

Hi I am in my 28 week. i had my ultrasound today it says the placenta is located anteriorly and is extending upto the lowe segment. Its inferior edge is 3.7 cm from the internal OS Grade I. Is there something serious.? I am not having any bleeding but some time i feel slite pain in my lower abdomen . pl suggest what should i do. thanks
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013
Hello there,
The placenta which is anterior and 3.7cm from os at 28weeks is less likely to be troublesome.
As you dont have any complaints, only routine antenatal care is all that is needed.
A follow up 3 rd trimester scan will guide you further.
Hope this is helpful to you,
Dr. Mrs. Sumeet Baheti