Ultrasound showing thickened endometrium. History of ovarian cysts and fallopian tube removal. Chances of cancer?

I am 43 yrs old, 6 feet tall, and weigh 188 lbs. Just over 10 years ago I had my ovaries and fallopian tubes removed in two seperate surgeries due to cysts . All was binine and they would not remove my uterus because it was healthy. I have been on the Climera Pro patch ever since and other than some brown spotting a couple of times a year I have not had a period since then. I recently began having what appeared to be a period. After seeing my gyn and having an ultra sound we discovered that my uterus is 10mm thick. I have scheduled a biopsy for next week however, my imagination is running wild. What are the chances that it is cancer vs a hormonal imbalance. I have also noticed weight gain in my face and around my middle even though I have actually lost a few lbs. in recent weeks and have had night sweats every night for weeks now
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013