Ultrasound showing gall bladder sludge. HIDA scan showing reduced functioning of gall bladder. Need to go for surgery?

2 years ago I had an ultra sound that found gallbladder sludge . I then had a HIDA Scan done and it said that my gallbladder was functioning at 27%. I decided to try alternative treatments before surgery (Chinese medicine, supplements, etc). I had planned on having it removed in 2 weeks but decided to repeat the HIDA scan since it had been 2 years. My gallbladder is now functioning at 85%, which I understand is hyperactive. Do you have any insight as to why the rate increased substantially and if I should continue with the surgery?
Asked On : Sun, 9 Sep 2012