Ultrasound showed goiter and nodule within thyroid gland. Should I be concerned with it being cancerous?

I have been on Synthroid for 5 years now. I have been diagnosed with Hashimoto s Disease, hypothyroidism . I recently had an ultrasound of my thyroid done. It was enlarged showing a goiter and a nodule within my thyroid gland . Should I be concerned with it being cancerous? My P.A. doctor is monitoring it. Has told me not to worry and that we will do labs in 6 weeks to check levels, then ultrasound in 6 months. If nodule hasn t shrunk then we will do biopsy. What do you think?
Asked On : Mon, 2 Jul 2012