Ultrasound showed follicle, blood work showed ovulating. Advised to delay taking Progesterone. What is going on?

hi, I am in the process of trying to get pregnant - I was on meds this month for bringing on ovulation .. Monday I had an ultrasound .. showed the follicle on left ovary to be about 14.5... blood work came back however showing that I am ovulating. Ultrasound today showed the egg released.. (the follicle was smaller and the lining was thicker). Dr. told me to start taking progesterone today.. after blood work - I got a phone call saying to start taking the progesterone on Friday instead.. .. blood work came back saying I was still ovulating? I m not understanding all of wfhat is going on.. Did I ovulate? what about the ultrasound?
Asked On : Sun, 2 Sep 2012