Ultrasound showed benign axillary lymph nodes in the breast, no significant pain. Should i be worried?

My Primary Care Physician palpated a nodule in my left breast and ordered ultrasound for both breasts during a routine physical examination. The ultrasound could not visualize the nodule but it showed right axillary lymph nodes at 13mm that looked benign. (The Ultrasound tech did spend an eternity painfully digging into my armpit. lol) I still don t know what my doctor palpated because I can not locate it at all. I don t really have any pain in my breasts or armpits except for some achy moments a few times. But apparently, it is there because she double checked after the ultrasound came back and suggested that I return within three months to check it out again. Questions: 1) How big would the right axillary lymph nodes be in a 22 year old female with no recent infections or injuries? (I do have some joint pain/discomfort too. Not sure why but it might be relevant. Also, a few days ago, my nickel sensitivity got a little more sensitive and I was forced to savagely pull the under-wire out of my bras till I found new bras. This was about two weeks after the ultrasound though.) 2) My PCP is usually very quiet so I don t really know what is going on. Is this something that I should be worried about or is she just being overcautious?
Asked On : Fri, 10 Aug 2012