Ultrasound showed anechoic cyst in liver, cortical cyst in kidney, enlarged prostates. Further treatment?

Ask Dr. Nitin Rao a questionDr. Nitin Rao, Gastroenterologist , SurgicalI shall answer queries once a day Certified expert What do you get:Three FREE follow-up questions A full refund in case you are not satisfied with my answers Please write your health query in detail below my father is 85 years old and in the recent ultasonograph , the report mentions:- 1) a small well defined anechoic cyst of 2x1.3 cm size in the left lob of liver 2)kydney--cortical cyst are seen bilaterally, the largest on the right measures 3.4x2.9 cm and on the left 4.5x3.7 cm 3) prostrate --size enlarged(5.4x5x5.3cm-77gm) echotexture- heterogeneous kindly let me know whether it is cancerous and what should be the line of treatment Age: Years Gender: -- Select Gender -- Male Female no past ailment Medical History: none Current Medications: none Known Allergies: none
Asked On : Mon, 31 Dec 2012
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM. Thanks for the query.
These are common cysts and in 97% cases benign and you dont need any treatment unless there is rapid growth or maliganncy potential.At this point you need only frequent follow up to check size growth both of liver and kidney cysts. Enlraged prostate should be treated by urologist and certain medicines may be necessary. Wish you good health. Regards