Ultrasound scan showed no fetal heart beat, medical abortion done, bleeding. When will I get my periods so I can try and conceive again?

hi, me and my partner recently experienced having a scan were we found out our baby was no longer alive as they found no heart beat : ( on the monday after the friday we found out we had to have a procedure which removed the fetus as it had nt removed itself naturally. the baby stopped growing at 9 weeks and i was 13 weeks pregnant. i bled for a week and a half after the op and its now 4 weeks and 2 days since the procedure and me and my partner are eager to start trying again. how long after the procedure should i expect my period? and am i at my most fertile for these next few months? would really want to get pregnant again as soon as possible. could you please help me? thank you x
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012
May 2013
it is better to avoid pregnancy at least for 2 months after D&C, as meanwhile your endometrium will recover and your general condition also like hemoglobin status etc will come to normal.
after D&C the time for recurrence of ovulation varies in women,
sometimes it may recur within 2 weeks sometimes it may take few months depending on how much endometrium removed and when HCG levels completely decrease etc,
so if you want to conceive early trace your ovulation with kits and plan intercourse around that period but as I told better to wait for 2 months.
take care.