Ultrasound scan done, shows multiple small follicles, cystic lesions in ovaries. Is my scan normal?

Hi, I am a 30 year old female with Multiple small peripherally situated follicles seen with hypertrophied central echogenic stroma in right ovary . A well defined unilocular cystic lesion (30.2 mm X 28.2 mm) seen in left ovary. Right ovary measures : 30.1 mm X 28.2 mm| Left Ovary measures : 25.0 mm X 21.5 mm Rest everything looks normal in the report.. Please help.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jun 2012

Hi Swati,

There is definitely a cyst in the left ovary, which needs early management.

You can either get it removed surgically or take medicines for it to go away by itself.

The treatment option can be decided upon only after examining you.

Meanwhile, try to lose some weight of you are overweight.

A laparoscopic guided aspiration of the cyst can give excellent result. Discuss about this with your treating doctor.

Get well soon.