Ultrasound resulted anechoic cyst on right ovary, on pills, getting headaches and mood disorders. Cure?

I am 31 years old. Ive always had regular periods. Around 3 months ago I had a period, and then up to 14 days later i was still bleeding . I went to the doctor and went to get an ultrasound that came back with a anechoic cyst on my right ovary of 3.7cm. My left ovary contains 18 small follicles and my right one containing 15 small follicles. I was put on the pill, but I dont want to be on it anymore as its upsetting my IBS and im getting headaches and mood disorders. If I get off the pill, should my periods come back to normal, as the above time is the only time i have ever had a problem with my periods
Asked On : Fri, 11 Oct 2013