Ultrasound of knees showed fluid in lateral collateral ligament, partial tear, supraplatellar bursitis. What is the conclusion?

Hi there i recently received results from 2 ultra sounds on both my knees the first results came back stating that there was effusion in the left knee joint ....the latter result stating that that there is Fluid in the region of the lateral collateral ligament of the right knee is likely inflammatory in nature. There was some fluid in the medial collateral ligament of the left knee. A partial tear is a possibility. There is mild bilateral suprapatellar bursitis ....i am schedule for an MRI by a specialist within a a recreational soccer player and was wondering what impact this has on me (how long am i out for approx, will i need surgery will i be able to play the same as before e.t.c)...your knowledge on this topic would be greatly appreciated Doc! thanking you in advance, Nabil
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012