Ulcerative colitis and diagnosed alien colitis. On Vegaz OD. Further?

I am the patient of ulcerative colitis and diagnose alien colitis in left side. I had taken medicine like pentasa , mesacol OD,entafoam, mesacoal enema, supotives and now I am taking VEGAZ OD from last 4 years. please advise me on issues like is this disease curable with these medicines, am i taking the right medicines (as specified above), what are the side effects of various medicines taken to cure this disease, what are the precautions that can be taken as far as diet is considered to keep the condition stable.
Asked On : Sat, 25 Aug 2012