Ulcer on tongue, have quit smoking. Possible causes and remedies?

Under my tongue i had an ulcer appear. It wasn t until last week when i checked in the mirror there was a loose flap of skin under the tongue where the ulcer had appeared. It looks quite sore but i m not experiencing any pain from it and i have had it now just over a week but it doesn t look like a normal ulcer given this loose flap of skin which seems to have appeared from nowhere Over the past two months i have had several mouth ulcers in quite a short period of time. At the time i researched it and found a few links to quitting smoking which ihad done at the start of the year and said this was quite common when quitting. Can you help please?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013