Ulcer on lip, healed, lump formed, diagnosed as mucus cyst. Self-healing?

Hi I went to the doctor today about a lump on the inside of my lip. I had an ulcer there 2months ago and when the ulcer healed it left this lump. The lump has now been there for 2 months. My doctor said it is a mucus cysts and it should go away on its own, but my question is if it was going to go away on its own wouldn t have gone by now??
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013
Thanks for your query
As your Doctor said,it gets resolved spontaneously without any treatment.
There is no time limit for this in the literature.
If the swelling doesnt regress,Surgical treatment is one option.
There are other modalities of treatment like Cryosurgery,Laser etc.
Please consult your Plastic surgeon and take decision.
Wish you good health