Ulcer on back of throat, dull ache. How to get relief?

Hello, I have a problem with my tongue/ tonsil . It feels like i have an ulcer on either of them right at the back of my throat - though I cannot see anything when I look in my mouth. It started about 5 days ago I thought I had something caught but it s just not going away. There s now a dull ache and it s rather annoying - please help!
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
hello and welcome to HCM,

You seem to be having either an ulcer or a follicular inflammation or swelling

In either case it is imperative that you definitely consult an ENT who can properly examine and make an informed diagnosis.

Take only warm water and do not brush very aggressively

take care and get well soon

Dr Sriram Nathan