Ugly and crowded teeth, causing pain. Age less to use braces. Any alternative?

I have a problem with my teeth . They are beginning to get ugly and crowded and this is beginning to cause pain . What is bothering me is that my dentist said that I will not be able to have braces for another year or two and I would really appreciate it if I could get them sorted sooner. My mother has ensured me that she will speak to my dentist about getting braces earlier but I highly doubt that he will allow it since I am only 12. Please help!
Asked On : Thu, 10 May 2012