UTI, discharge. Tests for STD, Chlamydia, negative. History of diabetes. Discharge symptom of UTI?

I was told I had a UTI , I am a type 1 Diabetic. I was tested for STD s some time ago and a Clamidia test last year all of which were clean. I had discharge and was given antibiotics which cleared the symptons. My wife has been told that discharge can only be connected with an STD and therefore I must have one. I have had no relationships outside my marriage so I am sure not. question is discharge a sympton of UTI?
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012