UTI after kidney removal. On niftran. Can Interstitial cystis be cured?

Hi I have a single kidney since birth.From past two years i am getting recurrent urinary infection.I visited a gynaecologist and was told that my uterus is not at normal position (closer to bladder )due to which i may b getting repeated infection.Later on visiting a urologist i was told about Interstitial cystis.I have been taking NIFTRAN tablet from past 1 year but there is no releif.I have few questions on this: 1. Can IC never be cured 2. Can niftran tablet affect my Kidney since i have a single one. 3. I am not able to understand that is this a gynaec problem or urological.How do i find the exact cause behind the infection 4. Does IC affect pregnancy
Asked On : Tue, 5 Jun 2012