US for early pregnancy showed 6 weeks, empty sac. Why is it showing 6 weeks without sac?

So I went to the doctor on 11-29-12 and based on the u/s I was 6weeks. On that visit they told me there was no baby or yolk, there was just an empty sac. On 10-17-12 I found out I was 3weeks.. So on 11-29-12 I would have been 10 weeks I thought.. Sence the doc said there wasn t a baby in there is that why the sac is measuring 6 weeks? What s going on.. I m just so confused.. This will be my second child I m just praying everything will turn-out ok. I just praying for a healthy baby. Should I get a second opinion?
Asked On : Fri, 7 Dec 2012