US Thyroid report showed an isoechoic solid nodule with hypoechoic halo. Meaning?

Hi Doctor This is my US Thyroid report. Please explain it to me.and do i need to take any treatment?Thanks for your help. REPORT No comparison study. Both thyroid lobes and isthmus are normal in size and echogenecity. The right lobe measures 5 x 1 x 1.2cm. The left lobe measures 4 x 1 x 1.6cm. The isthmus is 0.2 cm thick. There is an isoechoic solid nodule with hypoechoic halo in the left lower pole, measuring 0.9 x 0.7 x 0.7 cm. This shows internal vascularity and is of indeterminate nature. No associated microcalcification is detected. No other nodule is seen. No enlarged or abnormal looking cervical lymph nodes are seen. CONCLUSION Indeterminate subcentimetre solid nodule in the left lower pole of the thyroid gland with internal vascularity. In view of its subcentimetre size, follow-up ultrasound in 9-12 months is recommended. May need further action
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013