U/s showed echogenic mass in the left ovary, cyst in right ovary. Suggested removal surgery. Is this the only solution?

good day, Four months ago my ultrasound report shows a 2.7cm in diameter echogenic mass in the left ovary which consistent with a dermoid cyst . One week ago I took another ultrasound and it shows urinary bladder . Left ovary continuous with 3.8cm dermoid cyst, right ovary now shows 5.1 x 5.5cm cyst also shows a few thin internal echoes. My doctor indicate the only removal is surgery.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Jun 2012