U/s at 5 weeks showed gestational sac but no yolk sac. U/s at 6 weeks showed yolk sac but no fetal pole. Is it true that women with irregular cycles have this?

The transvaginal ultrasound a week and 5 days ago measured my pregnancy s gestational age at 5 weeks and 1 day (LMP was 5 weeks, 2 days). There was a gestational sac but no yolk sac. Yesterday, my supposed 6 weeks 6 days LMP, there was a yolk sac but no fetal pole . What s more, my new gestation age measures at 5 weeks, 6 days. I ve read in forums that women who have irregular cycles and ovulation could have this. Is this possible?
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jun 2012