Typhoid, no bacteria in blood, possibility for bacteria in other body parts, low blood platlet count

My daughter of 3 years has been sick for the last 10 days because of Typhoid fever in Toronto. The bacteria is now negetive since 12th May Blood test . I have now the following questions 1. She is still getting fever for 12 to 13 hours for about 101F Is fever expected after the Bacteria got cleared. If so how long it is going to continue 2. Apart from Blood is there any other location in the body the bacteria can still remain . If so how can we identify 3. Her Blood platlet count has comedown to 7 and is now stable at 7 for the last two blood tests. Is this going to improve now?
Asked On : Wed, 16 May 2012