Type2 diabetic with ulcer between toes. Prescribed bactroban and string to impact to heal, same. Help?

I"m a type 2 diabetic. I first got my ulcer between 4th and fifth toe beginning of last year. My doctor thought it healed, but the hardened skin just grew over it. 2 weeks later I felt pain in the same spot and removed hardened skin. I found the ulcer was still there. I went to hospital and they prescribed bactroban and string to impact it with to dry it out to heal. I have been doing the regimen for a long time but it won't heal or dry. It has clear fluid constantly filling ulcer causing area to stay wet and not heal. Any suggestions?
Asked On : Wed, 16 Oct 2013